FAIRLAWN REAL ESTATE
Full Time Painting Foreman
Fairlawn Real Estate is a dynamic real estate firm that specializes in acquiring, renovating, developing and managing real estate projects in Central Illinois. Based in Champaign, Illinois, the Fairlawn team member will be responsible for supporting renovation and construction projects as well as light maintenance tasks across a wide range of property types. The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment.
This is supervisory and skilled work in supervising and participating in painting activities including buildings, equipment, and other property in accordance with blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
This individual will estimate time, cost and materials for painting projects; determine sequences of painting operations and methods to be used to include scaffolding and rigging, color blending and matching; inspect completed work for compliance with blueprints, specifications and instructions; direct any rework or modification; conduct periodic inspections of buildings and facilities to determine painting needs; recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions. Assignments are received in the form of work orders and must frequently be supplemented by consultation with departmental personnel regarding color schemes desired. Work is performed under general direction of the Maintenance Manager.
Painting Foreman Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises skilled painters in shop and outside work; assigns subordinate painters to work details and inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure that it meets required standards.
- Supervises and participates in mixing paints and matching colors; inspects surfaces for cleanliness and readiness for painting; inspects equipment; buildings, or other structures reported to be in need of painting.
- Discusses painting needs and color matching problems with departmental personnel; supervises the painting and redecorating of building interiors and exteriors, furniture, equipment, and fixtures; supervises skilled glazing, paper hanging, and truck and parking lot painting.
- Maintains records and reports of material, labor, and time costs. Requisitions supplies and equipment; maintains check on material requirements; estimates costs of jobs and amounts of material necessary; maintains records and submits reports.
- Directly handle a wide range of maintenance repairs including plumbing, appliances, electrical, roofing inspection/minor roof damage; outsource tasks to external vendors as necessary
- Performs related work as required.
Painting Foreman Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, materials, methods, and equipment of the painting trade necessary to execute a top-level painting project.
- Must be able to hang and finish drywall to a completed level.
- Considerable knowledge of the qualities and adaptabilities of various surfacing materials, of the methods or preparing surfaces for finishing, of the proper methods of mixing paints to obtain desired colors and qualities, and of the weather and wear resistance qualities of paints and other finishing materials.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to successfully manage hazardous waste satellite facility. Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to successfully administer various large and small contacts.
- Ability to plan, lay out, assign, and supervise the work of journeymen painters and helpers.
- Ability to make estimates for materials and time requirements and to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Skill in applying paints and other finishes by brush and spray equipment, in mixing paints, and in matching and blending colors
Painting Foreman Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years of related experience and considerable experience as a journeyman painter, and some experience in supervisory and cost estimating work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Painting Foreman - Additional Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle.
- Availability to be on call and assist in after-hours emergency situations
- Availability to work longer hours and weekends during market turnover in July and August (specific dates vary from year to year)
- Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, not limited to: ability to walk properties, ability to lift 80-100lbs on a regular basis
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws & regulations