Do you have an ownership mindset and a demonstrated passion for real estate? If so our new Property Manager role may be perfect for you!
You would be based in Champaign, IL and accountable for a portfolio of properties within the Champaign-Urbana market (including nearby communities). This includes ultimate ownership of property performance as well as involvement in all aspects of leasing, resident services, accounts payable and receivable and general property upkeep. You would work closely with our local property management teams (leasing and maintenance professionals), as well as managers from our corporate office, and ultimately be responsible for overseeing daily operations relating to your portfolio’s performance.
Fairlawn Real Estate is a dynamic real estate firm that specializes in acquiring, renovating, developing and managing real estate projects in the Midwest United States. The Property Manager position offers an exciting opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment.
Property Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial performance of properties including performance vs. budget, communicating with ownership entities as necessary
- Work with broader Fairlawn team to set market rents, conduct market research and define leasing goals
- Collaborate with local leasing team to best position assets in the market including listings timing, content, and channel use
- Manage leasing administration including owning lease templates and the renewals process
- Own onboarding of new properties into the portfolio
- Handle any resident services that need to be escalated to a manager
- Support daily operations when extra capacity is needed including answering calls, scheduling appointments, greeting visitors, showing residences to prospective residents and any necessary paperwork, filing, posting rent, etc.
- Audit leases, resident files and move-in paperwork to ensure accuracy and completion
- Maintain good rapport with current and prospective residents
- Own and ensure completion of all proactive maintenance and services activities including preventative maintenance
- Frequent travel to properties
- Audit and approve maintenance and other vendor invoices
- Have a thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and policies
- Learn, audit and ensure team’s compliance with all Fair Housing Laws including local, state and federal housing regulations
Property Manager Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required
- Experience with property management software required (e.g. AppFolio, Buildium, Yardi, Propertyware)
- Customer service experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail, high energy and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and also to work closely with other team members
- Ethical and professional conduct and integrity beyond reproach
Property Manager Education and Previous Employment Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree required (Finance, Marketing, Business, Economics or Engineering preferred)
- 1 year relevant experience in property management required
Property Manager Additional Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle. Limited in-town usage of personal vehicle for errands and property visits required, any out-of-County personal mileage reimbursed at the Federal rate
- Availability to work longer hours and weekends during market turnover in July and August (specific dates vary from year to year)
- Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, not limited to: ability to walk properties, complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications and show properties